He has a light complexion, gray eyes and gray hair. He's been seen wearing white dress shirts and black pants.
Jirou has the highest of expectations for Kaname and gets angered when he disappoints him, he takes his anger out by beating his son, making him an abusive father as he does not even care about the mental or physical well-being of his son, only caring if his son can fulfill his expectations, and is willing to brutally punch a heavily wounded Kaname for being unwilling to study instead focusing on an impending danger.
When Kaname went missing, he lost all hope. He began drinking and taking less care of himself. When he was having a meltdown, his wife told him that Kaname wasn't his only child. This meaning that he only acknowledges Kaname and ignores Aya.
As shown, he is quite bold. When Kaname told His mom to hide the panties, he thought that they must have to do with the trouble he had been in lately, and put them on with no hesitation.
After acquiring Nijimi Anazawa's stick, he became drunk on the power, causing him to become even more abusive then usual. After Kaname returned home, after he was missing for weeks, he showed no concern and only cared about having him resume his studies. His views towards his children have also become more radical, viewing Kaname as a mere extention of himself while openly rejecting Aya. In addition, he refuses to take responsibility for his actions, silencing his wife when she confronted him about his abuses.
During his college years, Jirou took the Entrance exam for the University of Tokyo. However, he failed the exam. This event traumatized him with shame and caused him to develop a very short temper, causing him to become a violent and abusive man prone to angry outbursts.
At some point Jirou married Mrs. Asagiri. However, their relationship was very abusive, as he would regularly beat her during his outbursts. Still, they continued their marriage and before long Mrs. Asagiri gave birth to their son, Kaname. Shortly thereafter, his wife was pregnant again; this time with a girl. However, he accidentally killed he unborn child when he hit Mrs. Asagiri in the stomach during one of his outbursts; the miscarriage also left Mrs. Asagiri unable to give birth again. Still, Jirou did not care as he was satisfied with just Kaname. However, some time later his wife adopted baby girl whom she named Aya and intended to raise her as her own child. While Jirou was opposed to this, he eventually relented and even agreed to keeping her in the dark about being abopted.
Jirou superimposed himself with Kaname and wanted him to be gain extrance into the University of Tokyo, which he failed to. However, he would beat Kaname every time he did not get a perfect score, as it reminded him of his failure to get into the University of Tokyo. He also seems to have been aware that Kaname was harassing Aya as an outlet for his stress. However, he was fine with it as he still did not truly view her as family.
- His surname Asagiri/朝霧 means "morning fog".
- Judging by his appearance, he might be in his mid to late fourties.
- He is mentally abusive towards Aya and physically towards Kaname.
- Ironically, his abuses towards Kaname might have been what caused him to develop his god-complex.
- He is the ninth male character in the series to use a stick.
- In addition, he is the second middle aged character to use a stick, the first being Reiko Maguchi.
- Due to overusing the stick, not knowing his lifespan was used to power it, he was severely injured when his body hit its breaking point.
- In addition, if men lose their lives using a stick, unlike "Magical Girl" there is no particular change, only death.
- His birthday is on October 2nd.
- Along with Asahi Takiguchi, his horoscope is Libra.